Dec 24, 2012
- Important: supports the long subject, the previous versions cannot process the subject that exceeded 52 characters.
- Important: optimized the Internet connection checking and license key verifying techniques. The previous version may cannot get user's license information and offer if AMSSE is started but the Internet connection is not available.
- Checking the unsupported characters (similar to the OS) when rename an email template.
- Optimized the CSV file importing function, now can process the quotes delimiter ("").
- Optimized and standardized the naming rules (case insensitive) for email templates.
- Optimized UI.
- Optimized the website and documentation.
- Optimized the code to make it to be succinct, efficient and small (size).
- Optimized the font of the schedule listing of Sending Schedule interface, now, it can be display properly on any supported Windows version (WinXP or later).
- Important: on Vista or later systems: it may cannot save new templates or delete the existing templates after used "Sending Schedule" interface.
- Important: if there is a new version is available or the Internet connection is not available, the background scheduler will not be loaded until you respond the related dialog boxes during AMSSE starting.
- Important: has not deleted the related sending schedule when delete an email template (loose to maintain the data consistency).
- Important: the imprecise local date checking, it may cause something wrong at the end of month.
- Important: has not changed the scheduling file name after renamed an email template.
- On Vista or later systems: some data cannot be saved, deleted or changed.
- It may generate the empty template name when save a template (almost impossible).
Dec 01, 2011 (Update)
- Improved TLS protocol implementation (specially, supports Office 365 SMTP server (outlook.com)), important feature.
Nov 01, 2011
- Provides online web help, important feature.
- Optimized the logic of macros replacement, important feature.
- Writes a file to the empty folder attachment, else, the receivers cannot open this folder attachment, important feature.
- Improved the splash interface.
- Optimized the documentation.
- Optimized the system tray icon.
- Monthly sending times initialization is improper, important fixed.
- Monthly 'Last Day' schedule cannot work at Dec 31, important fixed.
- Avoids the popup Outlook Express dialog box (for Win XP-), important fixed.
- Avoids the invalid template name (checks special character for template filename), important fixed.
Oct 30, 2011 (Update)
- Sometimes, cannot work on Win7 perfectly due to the permissions of data files (very important).
Aug 20, 2011 (Update)
- Works perfectly under ANY system language/format settings, especially weekly scheduling (very important).
Jun 22, 2011
- Supports emptying folder after sent it successfully (very important).
- Simplified the self-recommendation word.
- Optimized some texts for help document, program and official site.
- Updated some screenshots for help document and official site.
Nov 28, 2010
- Optimized some texts for help document and official site.
- Sometimes, cannot modify your settings on Windows Vista+ systems (important fixed for Vista+ users).
Nov 24, 2010
- Supports TLS security connect (such as Hotmail SMTP server, important feature).
- Upgrades license offers: Free license (20 -> 50 e-mails monthly), Personal license (200 -> 300 e-mails monthly), Home license (600 -> 900 e-mails monthly). Important feature.
- Provides more detail about licenses introduction.
- Provides more detail if you can not connect to the Internet.
- Provides upgrade service.
- Inappropriate icon on upgrade question box.
Oct 09, 2010
- Sometimes, new version checker and updates message are incorrect.
- Sometimes, the tooltips of the toolbar buttons cannot show.
Sep 24, 2010
- Check the network connection when starting AMSSE, in order to verify your license key properly.
- Sometimes, the Scheduler can not get your license offer.
- Sometimes, AMSSE will change your default email client setting, now, never.
Jul 29, 2010
- Supports to set the same sending time for more than one email templates (accurate to the minute).
- Email content supports Unicode characters, includes loading, displaying, editing, previewing and sending actions.
- Signature supports Unicode characters, includes loading, displaying, editing, previewing and sending actions.
- Subject supports Unicode characters, includes loading, displaying, editing and sending actions.
- No matter which encoding specified, it can display non-ASCII attachments name always.
- Provides more auto-complete fields on the 'Add/Edit SMTP Account...' interface to get more friendly operations.
- Optimized all actions that under the 'Edit' menu.
- Updated the upgrade license explanation in the help document.
- The signature editor supports select all text by shortcut key.
- If there are Unicode characters in the rich content, it can not display the source and preview properly.
- After cleared signatures, if click <Close> button or create and edit a new signature, program will crash.
- Sometimes, it can not display the sent time properly in non-English speaking countries.
- Sometimes, the sub menu items under 'Insert -> Signature' menu will be disorderly.
- Can not identify the line break in the default text signature when create a new rich text message.
- Sometimes, the HTML email editor has not been initialized properly after created new message.
- Sometimes, the signature file area has not been cleared after cleared signatures list.
- Can not save the date part of the custom sending time.
- Does not prompt to save message if only changed plain content, the source of rich content or subject.
- Some wrong/inappropriate prompts.
Jun 29, 2010
- Supports custom sender completely (important feature).
- Checks duplicate when attach files (important feature).
- Canceled maximizing feature for the subject box (does not need).
- Uses the shorter license key.
- When restore the content area, if the attachments box is maximum, the interface will be a little messy.
- The attachments box is too narrow, this will cause that can not through double-click to maximize it and can not see the attachments list properly.
- Can not attach too many files (30+) to the attachments box once.
Jun 17, 2010
- New menu item: 'Retrieve Your License Key' under the 'Help' menu.
- Made the friendlier license key verifying method.
- Provides more functions in the tray icon menu.
- A few email servers or email clients can identify and display the BCC addresses (important bug).
- The case issue of support email's subject.
May 24, 2010
- Checks the network environment strictly before checks the latest version.
- Fills email subject and content automatically after clicked the support link in the help document.
- Lets 'Last Day' schedule option as the first option in the 'Monthly' list and added a few notes for this option in the help document.
- Added some explanations for licenses.
- Sets the property of AMSSE data folder as normal, so that users can send it to us easily for support request.
- Renamed 'Auto Mail Sender' to 'Auto Mail Sender Standard Edition' due to product line development needs.
- Sometimes, monthly sending schedule will be chaotic (important bug).
Apr 08, 2010
- Supports folder attachments (important feature).
- Supports debugging (important feature).
- Improved the UI response speed.
- New help chapter - "Start, exit and debug Auto Mail Sender Standard Edition".
- Added the "Subscribe to AMS Blog' RSS Feed" feature to the help menu.
- Added some notes about attachment and AMS blog to the help document.
- The validity check of email template is not rigorous.
- No existing check for attachments when saving, opening and sending email.
- If attach multiple files once, sometimes the attachment icon does not display properly.
- In the manual sending mode, if there are duplicate attachment names, then the sent email only displays the first duplicate name properly.
Mar 13, 2010
- Made the scheduler as a single process (AScheduler.exe), so as to: make the noninterference in manual sending and automatic sending, separate the UI, data and automatic sending process, avoid the UI does not respond or slow response when send emails automatically and close the UI but retain the schedule.
- Some notes for the SMTP Accounts setting in the help document.
- New menu items: 'Close UI' and 'Exit Completely' under 'File' menu.
- New menu item: 'AMS Official Blog' under the 'Help' menu.
- New payment method - PayPal.
- Some inappropriate text on the 'About Auto Mail Sender Standard Edition' interface.
Mar 01, 2010
- New UI. Includes new toolbar, splash interface, license logos and main icons.
- Some optimizations UI and document.
- Restore options will reset license type.
- On the 'Options -> Signatures' tab page, press <E> will prompt to delete current item.
Feb 24, 2010
- Added some important explanations to the 'How to upgrade product' chapter of the help document.
- Can not display online manual by pressing <F1> on the 'Options' interface.
- Weekly sending schedule can not work sometimes.
- At the same time to send two or more automatic emails, it will appear redundant attachment(s).
Feb 18, 2010
- Added a few preset macros.
Feb 05, 2010
- Can not insert macro into the email content in the 'Rich Text' mode sometimes.
Jan 29, 2010
- Repeat sending supportable.
- Macros supportable.
- Proxy servers list.
- SMTP accounts list.
- In the automatic sending mode, select the available SMTP account to send email automatically if the saved one is unavailable in the email template.
- In the automatic sending mode, select the available proxy server to connect to the SMTP server automatically if the default is unavailable.
- Data export/import (includes importing data from v3.xx of AMSSE) supportable.
- Supports selecting sheet(s) from Excel/previewing workbook when select recipients from Excel document.
- Supports selecting recipients from Excel 2007 document.
- Supports sending interval control for OBO mode to disencumber the frequency limitation for a few (E)SMTP servers.
- The better 'Test' function for testing the proxy servers and SMTP accounts: includes connection, logon and busy mouse pointer (v.3.xx- tests connection only).
- New splash interface.
- New program icon.
- New toolbar buttons.
- Supports sort for 'Custom Senders' and 'Signatures' lists.
- Windows Vista/7 compatible.
- Supports 'Copy' for 'Proxy Servers', 'SMTP Accounts' and 'Custom Senders' lists.
- Supports display online manual directly on every interface.
- Supports shortcut for all the text with icon buttons.
- Provides the bigger font size for all lists to get the friendlier UI.
- Supports double-clicking to edit data and pressing <Del> to delete data for all lists to get the friendlier UI.
- Provides the prompts before deleting data thoroughly.
- Checks the new version automatically.
- Supports creating the popular SMTP accounts directly, such as Gmail, Hotmail.
- Provides the all-round, friendly and powerful help document.
- Provides the operation flowchart.
- If there is invalid row in the txt/csv recipients file, importing action will terminate when select recipients from file.
- Can not clear the [To]/[CC]/[BCC]/[Subject] fields sometimes if create new message after opened an email template.
- It will lose message content sometimes after changed 'Rich Text' to 'Plain Text'.
- Can not display the HTML email editor on the main interface in Windows Vista/7.
- Can not display the encoding name properly on the main and 'Options' interfaces in Windows Vista/7.
- Can not open system address book in Windows Vista/7.
- If move mouse to the system prompt area when sending message manually, it will display the inappropriate information.
- Uses the identical icon for the <Clear> button.
- Can not display tooltips for toolbar buttons sometimes.
- Improper initial location of 'Add/Edit Sender' interface.
- Can not switch to 'SMTP Accounts' page properly when call this option page in other modules.
- The input prompt can not work properly after started.
- Can not set the format and font of content editor after started sometimes.
- Uses the bold label for some ambiguous interface elements.
- Some wrong/unsuitable text and prompts of program.
Dec 29, 2009
- Can send email properly for the old email templates after changed SMTP account information.
- Some wrong/unsuitable text and prompts of program.
Dec 13, 2009
- Closes main interface to system tray to avoid closing it carelessly.
- Faster speed than previous version.
- No prompt for yellow in the color panel.
- Some wrong/unsuitable text and prompts of program.
Nov 27, 2009
- Can send emails successfully via all (E)SMTP servers (formerly AMSSE can not send emails via a few (E)SMTP servers which require the URL address authentication.
- Supports unlimited large attachment(s).
- The monthly schedule supports last day and serial number (contains last) of weekday.
- Supports input prompt for [To/CC/BCC] fields.
- Supports managing the listing of input prompt.
- Added preferences options: default startup position, email format, encoding, font name, font size.
- Supports exporting/importing email templates.
- Gives the prompt when change email format from rich text to plain text.
- Optimized the 'Find' function - gives prompt when current focus is not in the input area.
- Made the unique shortcuts for the 'Options' dialog box.
- Can remember the size and position of the main interface and restore them automatically.
- Separated main text and prompts to the language files, so as to make other language version by users.
- Select all text for the main input areas (except main interface) when they got focus.
- Can only specify the existing days in current month for the monthly schedule.
- Can not load the file signature correctly when create new message.
- The twinkle screen when restore main interface from the system tray area.
- The listings are not orderly in the 'Schedule Mailing' dialog box.
- The lax email change check when create new message and close 'Options' dialog box.
- The font name and size can not be set correctly when change email format from plain text to rich text.
- HTML email editor is not empty when create a new message.
- Can not load the encoding setting correctly when open a template.
- No prompt for the changed email when manage/schedule/export templates.
- The copied text can not be used by other programs.
- Loses focus for input areas if uses the default signature to create new message.
- A part of HTML email editor is covered by its toolbar.
- A part of toolbar is covered by other interface elements.
- The lax system prompts (on status bar).
- The description of executable file (ams.exe).
- Some wrong/unsuitable text, prompts and colors of program.
- Some wrong/unsuitable text of the help document.
- The lax duplicate item check in the grid.
From 2004 to 2009
- Can send the remote resources (for instance: HTTP images) for HTML email.
- Added the rename and deletion confirmation functions to the 'Manage Templates' interface.
- Added the recipients separator remark to To/CC/BCC fields and online help.
- Supports comma with some spaces as the separator for CSV files.
- Added the examples for recipient files to the online help.
- Can save current recipients to txt/csv/xls file.
- Can clear the recipients area (To/CC/BCC) once.
- Added the restoration confirmation function to the 'Options' interface.
- Provides the easier, friendlier and nicer interface.
- Supports HTML email and provides the full functions HTML email editor.
- Supports selecting receivers from the txt/csv/xls files.
- Provides all the traditional email elements/functions and some distinctive elements/functions.
- Supports input the receivers manually.
- Supports sending emails via the proxy server.
- Supports sending emails by the SMTP server and the SSL connection.
- Supports the one by one sending mode.
- Displays the sending progress when sending emails manually.
- Provides the senders/reply receivers list, virtual sender/reply receiver/date and time.
- Supports maximizing and restoring the common inputting area.
- Reduced the size of the installation file.
- Integrated interface (use MDI).
- Optimized system resources occupation.
- When view attachments in the 'Template set' interface, notify user to delete attachments if them is not exists.
- Added 'Save & Close' and 'Save & Add' functions to the templates, signatures and subjects setting interface.
- All main interface and boxes support adjusting size.
- The more convenient registration method.
- Synchronize the interface colors style when Windows system colors style has been changed.
- Show message in all the data area when there are no data found.
- Removed the text 'Sent By Auto Mail Sender Standard Edition' from email content.
- Make the system tray icon when AMSSE was minimized.
- Lowest system resources occupancy & fastest executed speed & fastest response speed.
- Improve the logo.
- Improve the register method.
- Consolidate the date & time list boxes operation buttons to a group in the 'Sending Mail Setting' interface.
- Abandon the remark of universal shortcut keys on all the title bars.
- Can not move rows when add or edit data in the tree view & grid.
- Check whether the data are exist when edit in the 'Contacts' interface.
- Reduce the times of the trial edition's limitation message.
- Optimize the style of the trial edition's limitation message.
- Double-click to delete row in the 'Sending Mail Setting' interface.
- Check the validity of E-mail address.
- Adjust all of the foreground & background color of labels & fields, let them nearer the window's color.
- Analyze & show reasons of each sent unsuccessfully E-mails, so that to correct errors.
- All shortcut keys support.
- Add 'Setting Name' label to 'Sending Mail Setting' interface.
- In each attachment list boxes, can double-click an item to open it.
- Can not using the non-authentication SMTP server.
- The wrong recipients separator (';') for using OE recipients.
- Move the main interface inconveniently.
- Sent logs can not to increase when the logs serial No. attain 10.
- All the data were deleted when delete the last row in the 'Sending Mail Setting' interface.
- Adjust the width of the contacts list box.
- In the Windows XP OS, the date & time list boxes are appear the horizontal scroll bar.
- When moved the mouse, the interface was glittering.
- All windows were displayed completely on the Windows XP OS.
- After chose contacts from the OE or Outlook's address book, the interface was not normal.
- The icon can not display in the attachments list box.
- Adjust the font in the 'System Error' interface.
- Correct the text error in the 'about AMSSE' interface.
- Move the 'E-mail Address' column to the front of all the contact grids.
- Adjust the 'Sending Mail Setting' interface fully, so that most reasonably use the screen resources.
- Adjust the method of resources using, so that make a smaller size of AMSSE.